note: I get a lot of hits on this article. I'm not sure what the credentials of the author are. I would like to direct you to a variety of other resources to check out in addition to this one. I apologize that some are in a pdf form that can't be put through a translator (although please be very careful if you're using google translator for any of this, and putting it into action).
This is the best document online as far as I can tell: Herbal Abortion a Woman's DIY Guide zineFor the women of South Dakota: an abortion manual (2006)
the following is from http://angryforareason.blogspot.com/2006/02/how-to-induce-miscarriage-herbally-and.html
READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS, MOST QUESTIONS ASKED CAN BE ANSWERED BY READING THIS OR THE COMMENTS CLOSELY. IF YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO READ THIS POST I CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.
I have a disability that often keeps me away from this post (and just about everything else) for days and sometimes weeks at a time so I cannot guarantee you a timely answer to your question, but I have noticed that A LOT of the questions asked have been covered either in this post or in the comments. I have very little energy due to my medications and I do not wish to spend it repeating myself, so PLEASE read carefully and look for your answer before you ask a question.
THE COMMENTS ARE FOR SUPPORT OR QUESTIONS ONLY. JUDGEMENT BASED COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED, SO DON'T EVEN TRY.
And those of you who take the time to come back and tell us about your experience I thank you. It is good for others to know how this went for someone in the same position.
I have used this to positive results 3 times. Given the lack of access to bc and abortion in much of the US I would like to share this with all of you. Copy it, pass it around, send it to your friends. It is cheap and accessible to all. Obviously if there are any health problems or adverse side effects contact a doctor. My friends and I have used this with very little complications, but I just want to put that disclaimer out there as all bodies are different and yours may react differently then ours. Feel free to ask a natropath/herbalist/physician/gynaecologist.
It can only be used up to 3 weeks after a missed period, but the sooner the better. I've done it within the first week of missing my period and it's always brought it back for me. The best time to start it is on the 1st or second day of the missed period.
You will need:
Fresh parsley (preferably organic...I don't want pesticides in my vagina, so I go organic)
500 mg pills/capsules of Vitamin C (Try not to get pills with Bioflavonoids such as Rose Hips. These PREVENT miscarriage.)
The treatment can last 3 days: DO NOT EXCEED 3 DAYS!! This will work or not within 2/3 days.
1. Insert a fresh sprig of parsley as far as possible into the vagina. (parsley induces contractions, yum) Change every 12 hours. When soft, it may be difficult to remove, but this is not dangerous.
2. At the same time, drink parsley infusions. 2 to 6 tablespoons 4 times a day.
Making an infusion: use 2 1/2 cups of boiling water for every ounce of parsley (If you buy it at the store, minus 2/3 stems (for sprigs) this should be the amount of water used to make the tincture). Add parsley to boiling water, remove from heat and cover. Very important that you remove from heat IMMEDIATELY upon adding the parsley. Boiling the water with the parsley in there will make the infusion less effective. Let it steep for at least 20 minutes (the longer it steeps, the more potent it will be. I usually let it steep for 2 hours.
3. During the 3 days (or until your period starts) take high doses of Vitamin C orally. Ideally, take 500 mg every hour up to 6000 mg. You can continue using the Vitamin C for up to 6 days. Vitamin C can bring on menstruation even 3 weeks after a "late" period. you can begin taking Vitamin C immediately after unsafe sex, or if the condom broke, etc.
If successful you should start to bleed in 2 to 3 days.
-You may have cramps (I get 'em bad after doing this) and you can take whatever you usually take for cramps or make a ginger infusion and take that.
-The chances of success are less if you regularly take high doses of Vitamin C
-High amounts of Vitmain C can cause loose stools. No one I know has experienced this, but is has been known to happen.
-Do not use if you have kidney problems.
-Watch for signs of Toxicity Specific to Parsley: Nausea, hallucinations, vomiting, vertigo, hives, paralysis, liver swollen and
painful, urine scanty and darkly colored, and tremors.
I've often noticed that on the second night I start emanating heat. Seriously I feel like a space heater. This is ok, it's just a side effect of the high doses of Vit. C and to me signifies that it worked and I will get my period soon (generally that night/next morning)
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE PENNYROYAL. IT IS DEADLY AND DANGEROUS. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, DO NOT DO NOT, DO NOT USE IT!!!
I DO NOT know anything about adding Dong Quai, so DO NOT ask me about it. I don't know.
Credit for information: Hot Pantz Blood Sisters Collective, Montreal, Quebec.
Answers to FAQ
1. Your age will not affect whether this will work or not. If you are old enough to menstruate and get pregnant then you are old enough or this to be effective.
2. I do not know individual Vitamin C brands. I do not know how time release would work as there is no evidence as to if/how it has worked. I know that Vit. C with Rose Hips has worked, but it is preferential that if you can get Vit. C without Bioflavonoids that you do as this works better. Bioflavonoids should be labeled as such on the bottle.
3. I can't tell you how much an ounce of parsley is. I've only ever seen parsley sold in bunches (which I weighed at more then an ounce) so I just take a few sprigs and dump the rest of the bunch into 2-2 1/2 cups of water. Stores have scales so if you're worried there should be a scale in the produce section or at the very least in the deli.
4. There is no difference between Italian (flat) or curly parsley.
5. Always use fresh parsley.
6. If this doesn't work and you decide to carry to term there will be no adverse effects caused by the vitamin C.